Specialized Clinical, Operational Training & CME Coursework
Intralign Academy is a specialized educational curriculum that offers surgeon extenders clinical and professional/operational instruction. As a result, Intralign Surgical First Assistants help providers achieve greater efficiencies, increase surgical throughput, while reducing overall costs and increasing the quality of patient care.
Now Available! Intralign Academy now offers first-of-its-kind surgical and operational coursework for Surgical Physician Assistants, other Surgical First Assistants (e.g. MD, ARNP, RNFA), and Surgical Technicians. To learn more, please visit Intralign Academy’s Continuing Medical Education website, or click here to read our latest press release.
Enhancing Surgical Proficiency
Intralign Academy is committed to improving surgical efficiency to support the demands of a growing patient population and changing realities of healthcare. Through Intralign Academy, Surgical First Assistants receive specialized training on courses that lift Surgical First Assistants to the highest level of surgical proficiency.
Surgical Training: Training levels include Basic, Advanced and Specialist curriculums across a variety of specialties, including:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- OB/GYN Surgery
- Urology Surgery
- Surgical Robotics
Device/Technology Training: Intralign Academy educates SFAs on the latest surgical techniques and technologies – in Orthopedics and across other service line areas to ensure maximum flexibility in utilization and quality.
Operating Room Management Program: Intralign Academy includes courses that train the SFAs in OR behavior, communication and OR efficiencies. Intralign SFAs are also trained to capture OR efficiency metrics to help the hospital identify areas of opportunity.
Learn more by downloading our Intralign Academy Brochure. Download PDF.
Orthopedic Training Modules
On-boarded and newly introduced SFAs are enrolled into Intralign Academy and enter into Basic level training, followed by Advanced and Specialist-level training. This rigorous dual-track, multi-level curriculum includes both didactic and clinical skills assessments and training as outlined below.
- Module 1: Intralign On-boarding
- Module 2: Operating Room Basics
- Module 3: Patient Preparation and Positioning
- Module 4: Operating Room Turnover
- Module 5: Hemostasis
- Module 6: Instrument Indication
- Module 7: Tissue Handling, Exposure, Closure
- Module 9: Intra-operative Excellence
- Module 10: Arthritis
- Module 11a: Knee Dx Rx
- Module 11b: Hip Dx Rx
- Module 12: Total Joint Pre-operative Planning
- Module 13: Operative Suite Set up TJA Cases
- Module 14: Post-operative Best Practices TJA
- Module 15: Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Module 16: Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Coming Soon: Spine Laminectomy
- Coming Soon: Hip Fracture
- Coming Soon: Total Hip/Anterior Approach
- Coming Soon: Rotator Cuff Repair
- Coming Soon: Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair